NB: you have already agreed to these terms and conditions when you placed a booking on our website
The following Terms and Conditions of Service apply to all M1 Group bookings;
CANCELLATION: The M1 Group reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee for all bookings. Cancellations by the client more than a week prior to the event will forfeit all moneys paid (including the deposit and any other monies owing). Cancellations by the client within 7 days of the event will forfeit all money owing (100%). The client hereby agrees to transfer any remaining monies owing to M1 (should they cancel within 7 days) within 14 days after the date the event was scheduled to take place. Deposits are not refundable.
DEPOSIT: The M1 Group requires a 50% deposit to be paid by the following Thursday after completing a booking form. I understand that not paying my deposit will result in my booking being automatically cancelled. Deposits are not refundable.
PAYMENT: The M1 Group requires EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer/Bank Transfer) payments to be made by the due date outlined in your invoice. Due to the nature of our business, The M1 Group has a no pay, no show policy. If you do not pay the full invoice amount by the due date, we will not service your event, regardless if you have paid a deposit or not! You MUST ensure that you put your invoice ID as the payment description or your payment will not be marked as received.
CASH: If you would like to pay either your deposit or full booking in Cash and the option is not available, you may do a cash deposit at your local Commonwealth Bank Branch. Visit https://them1group.au/cash/ for more information.
Please ensure that you ask the teller to put the Invoice ID as the payment description.
RESCHEDULE: A 38 day notification must be given in writing and agreed by both parties if the client wishes to reschedule the event for no cancellation fee. *subject to availability. Reschedules within 38 days will be treated as a cancellation.
START TIME / FINISH TIME: The service will commence at the nominated start time, and conclude at the nominated finish time. Some services require a setup which will be arranged with the client prior to the event date. Subject to the agreement by our staff, an extension of the finish time may be arranged at an additional charge per hour, to be paid in cash prior to the continuation of any service. In some situations, our staff are booked on multiple events on one day, and an extension of service may not be available.
The M1 Group makes no guarantee that specific staff (Bartender, DJ, Photographer or Videographer) will be available for your event.
DJ SERVICE: IT IS THE CLIENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE DJ HAS A SECURE, STURDY TABLE TO SETUP ON, AS WELL AS A SINGLE POWER SOCKET (at minimum) NO MORE THAN 10m FROM THE SETUP LOCATION. The client will be liable for any damages caused from a non sturdy table.
TRAINEE: The client hereby acknowledges that we reserve the right to bring (in addition to the assigned staff), a trainee for the purposes of learning and job/work experience. Should the client have an objection to this, the client must advise The M1 Group booking manager at least 14 business days prior to the start time of the performance. The Trainee will help the assigned service complete their contracted work at no additional cost to the client.
VIDEOGRAPHY: The M1 Group allows for 2 complementary editing revision rounds per project. Additional Editing round, longer length videos and music changes will be at an additional cost.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- The agreement of the service to commence work is subject to proven detention by accidents, riots, strikes, epidemics, acts of terrorism, acts of God, or any other legitimate conditions beyond their control. If such circumstances arise, all reasonable efforts will be made by the service to continue to conduct work. In the event of a power outage (for services that require mains power) the service reserves the right to contact the Power Supplier. If advised that power will be out for a period longer than 30 minutes, the service reserves the right to cease the event with no refund. If the Power Supplier cannot be contacted, the service provider will consult venue staff and determine if the event will be ceased.
- Cancellations by the client within twenty (20) days of the event will be charged a 50% cancellation fee (the deposit). Cancellations by the client within 7 days of the event will forfeit all money owing (100% of the total). By cancelling a booking the client automatically forfeits all monies already paid to The M1 Group.
- The client agrees that in all circumstances, the services liability shall be exclusively limited to an amount equal to the amount of the service fee, and that service shall not be liable for indirect or consequential damages arising from breach of contract.
- For all service clients, The M1 Group requires EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer/Bank Transfer) payments to be made by the due date outlined in your invoice. Due to the nature of our business, The M1 Group has a no pay, no show policy. If you do not pay the full invoice amount by the due date, we will not service your event, regardless if you have paid a deposit or not! Subsequently, a late payment fee of 10% of the orders total will be added to the invoice accumulative per day, for each date payment is not submitted.
- DJ Service: No entire performance of the DJ shall be recorded, reproduced, or transmitted from the place of performance in any manner, or by any means whats over, in the absence of a specific written agreement with The M1 Group relating to and permitting such recording, reproduction or transmission. Pictures and Video clips of the event and DJ are permitted for the private use of the contracting party only. DJs are permitted to be recorded for after event movies, although no entire performance shall be recorded. The DJ may use recording devices to record outcomes of the event for promotional purposes only, with recordings available to the client upon request. If you would not like the DJ to use recording devices, please let us know at least one (1) business day prior to your event.
- Photography & Videography: The final post production and editing styles, effects and overall look of the images / video are left to the discretion of The M1 Group. Max turnaround time for delivery of assets is 2 months. Content can not be used in commercial settings unless specified otherwise.
- It is further hereby agreed; that the client shall be held liable for any injury, damages to equipment or property of the service provider, including motor vehicle and contents, caused by the client, guests and ‘gate crashers’ to the event. The client will not be liable for any self inflicted injury or damages by the service provider. If the service provider feels threatened or unsafe at any period during the engagement the service provider has every right to leave without any compensation given to the client. It is the responsibility of the client to provide adequate protection for the service provider. If the service provider acknowledges any illegal behaviour occurring, the service provider reserves the right to contact the appropriate authorities and/or end the function early.
- It is understood that if the performance of the service is to be located outdoors (a “rain or shine” event), the client will provide overhead shelter for setup area (for equipment). In the event that the client does not/cannot provide such shelter, the service provider will assess the conditions and make an appropriate judgement (considering the weather forecast). The service provider reserves the right, in good faith, to stop or cancel the performance should the weather pose a potential danger to themselves, their equipment, or the audiences/attendees present at the event. In such a case every effort will be made to continue the performance. The safety and wellbeing of all patrons is paramount in all decisions.
- The client shall provide the service provider with safe and appropriate working conditions.
- A completed booking form and paid deposit must be received from the client at least three (3) days prior to the event to cater for the clients special requests.
- This agreement guarantees that the service will be ready to perform at the start time of the engagement, provided that all responsibilities of the client outlined herein have been fulfilled. No guarantee is made as to the DJ’s time of arrival (DJ services arrive earlier than the start time to ensure they are ready by the clients nominated start time – setup time varies event to event from 15 minutes to 1 hour +). DJ Services requests ramp or elevator access between the parking/loading dock entrance and the setup area. If the event requires setup or teardown in less time than specified, or if equipment must be carried upstairs or lifted onto a stage to reach the setup area, please advise your booking manager as additional labour may need to be added.
- If the client or event requires the service to setup more than one hour prior to the nominated start time, or to postpone teardown time more than 30 minutes after the finish time, early setup and/or late teardown fees will be added to your order total charged at $150/hr + GST. The service provider will not leave equipment and/or program materials unattended and must be granted full, unrestricted access to the setup space before, during and after the event. If the nature of the event itself, the policies/procedures of the venue or any other circumstances require that program materials and/or equipment be left unattended for any amount of time, the service must be notified prior to access being restricted. Failure to provide notice could result in cancellation of the event.
- The client acknowledges that by using our services, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to host, store, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, create works from, publicly perform, broadcast, distribute, promote, exhibit and publicly display media content from your event.
- Any penalties or fines issued in relation to venue alarms and detectors (including smoke alarms) are 100% payable by the hirer / client. The hirer hereby accepts full responsibility and liability to any penalties or fines issued by the venue.
- Any prior statements, agreements, promises or inducements made by any party hereto, or agent or representative or either party, which are not expressly set forth in this agreement, are of no force and effect shall not be considered valid or binding. This contract shall not be enlarged, modified, distributed or altered except when in writing by both parties and endorsed hereon. Client may not transfer this contract to another party without the prior written consent of The M1 Group.
- By booking The M1 Group you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions of Service. Once the service has begun, no amendments may be made. The M1 Group reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at anytime without prior warning.
If any clause in this agreement is found to be illegal, the rest of the agreement shall remain in force.
Both parties hereto promise to abide by the terms of this agreement and intend to be legally bound thereby.
This agreement is between The M1 Group and the client.